[Slackbuilds-users] Patches in `$PKG/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION/`?

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Wed Aug 12 04:49:23 UTC 2015

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 18:09:00 +0200
Matteo Bernardini <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:

> well, one of the reason why I won't support dependency resolution at
> al is that I make large use of optional ones: in the example I might
> have built webkitgtk against geoclue, and that information wouldn't
> have gone in the info file (not to mention the case of ffmpeg).

This isn't dependency resolution though, I see it more as package
description. I hadn't considered optional deps, but then I don't really
consider the option of dumping the .info file in a complete solution. It's
more a starting point, something for people to consider, discuss, expand
upon. Remember, I had mentioned build options as well.

> P.S. to clarify a little my previous statement regarding debian
> tarballs that include the patches and that they store in their /pool/
> directories I really had to fix their download links many times in the
> past.
> taking as an example netcat-openbsd, its debian tarball now links to
> http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/netcat-openbsd/netcat-openbsd_1.105-7.debian.tar.gz:
> if we link that and they increment their version for whatever reason
> (from 7 to 8) the download is broken.

I wasn't aware debian did this. Seems it would be smarter to include all
patches with the SlackBuild then.

--
Erik Hanson