[Slackbuilds-users] bashisms?

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:07:15 UTC 2015

> I used to use bashisms, and put #!/bin/bash at the top of my
> slackbuilds. In every case, someone on the SBo team changed the shebang
> to #!/bin/sh but left the bashisms in place.

Me too - I used to use bashisms, and put #!/bin/bash at the top of my
slackbuilds. In every case, someone on the SBo team has found a better
way of doing it that didn't need bash. Since then, I've been vaguely
following those examples -- I would welcome some more advice and
guidance if it's offered -- but it won't keep me awake at night if we
just agree that it's not very important :D

-D.
(I shared a short train journey with a zsh enthusiast yesterday; it
was... difficult)