[Slackbuilds-users] GDM vs. ConsoleKit in -current

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Dec 10 11:09:24 UTC 2015

On 10/12/2015 11:51, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Thanks for the script, Didier! Is there a way to cut this line, like you
> would do with \ in a shell script ?

No. In sed \ is only used after i (insert) or a (append) commands, cf:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/sed.html
to know more.
One liners are nice but hard to read, that's why I prefer to to use
the -f option and provide a sed script like the one attached.

Additionally this way you do not need shell escaping.

Here is bigger example (shell script with embedded sed scripts):
http://slint.fr/misc/convtags/convtags
I do not attach it because it weighs 66K

Cheers, Didier