[Slackbuilds-users] GDM vs. ConsoleKit in -current

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Sun Dec 13 18:43:36 UTC 2015

Le 12/12/2015 04:05, Robby Workman a écrit :
> I looked around in the gdm code and don't see anything obvious
> that would make it not work with CK2, and like you, google turned
> up nothing useful. I did notice that PCLinuxOS is using gdm-2.20.11
> as well, but aside from a special dbus config file (which I tried
> here with no change to behavior), I don't see anything special that
> they do. I'll note that they use PAM though, so maybe that makes a
> difference.
>
> These days, I don't even use gdm any more - I'm on xdm with
> alienBOB's config (slightly modified) from his livecd work. The
> only things that users might miss are a session chooser (change
> $HOME.xinitrc instead) and switching users (I don't like that
> anyway, and you indicated the same, so good riddance to that one,
> right? :))

I spent a rainy afternoon fiddling around with LXDM. Now I'm a happy
camper with it, it works perfectly, looks very nice and doesn't depend
on any other third-party stuff.

Here's my modified version that works great with Xfce or any other
window manager (WindowMaker, Fluxbox, IceWM, etc.)

http://www.microlinux.fr/microlinux/testing-14.1-source/lxdm/

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat