[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild helper script

Karel Venken k.venken at online.be
Sat Feb 21 13:26:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

You somewhat mentioned it,...

A few years ago, when I started with Slackware, I followed the same
path. I have written my own script, which I am still using. Same idea,
make it with the minimum amount of requirements, as a simple bash
script. I especially wanted this script to do all the work for me. Like
this,...

# getpkgs -gr vlc

wait somewhat, have a coffee and that's it... You have everything (vlc
in the example) running - dependencies added as well. As expected, my
script often fails (read the slackbuilds.org FAQ carefully ;-) for why)
but I never felt the need to fix these cases, so it has its problems.

However if you - or anyone else - wants to give it a look, use it, copy
it, let me know... (it's around 24k size)

K.