[Slackbuilds-users] failure building GraphicsMagick 1.3.20 on 64-bit platforms because of wrong lib pathname, workaround included

Marco Maggi marco.maggi-ipsu at poste.it
Thu Jan 1 07:59:01 UTC 2015

Ciao,

  my first  post on this list;  i run Slackware64  14.1 and I am  on the
long  path   to  install  GNU   Octave.   64-bit  libraries   are  under
"$prefix/lib64",   but   I  also   have   the   alien  libraries   under
"$prefix/lib".

  While  building  GraphicsMagick 1.3.20,  the  linker  fails to  locate
64-bit  libraries because  the GraphicsMagick's  "configure.ac" template
hard-codes the  pathname "$some_prefix/lib"  in several places.   I have
filed a bug report upstream[1].

  Successful builds are possible by running configure with:

   $ ./configure LDFLAGS='-L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/local/lib64'

and it works for me if I modify "GraphicsMagick.SlackBuild" by appending
such  variable setting  on the  command line  of "configure".   Can this
change be applied to the distributed SlackBuilds script?

TIA

P.S.  The  script "GraphicsMagick.SlackBuild" runs "configure"  with the
option "--disable-openmp".   If I  compile by  hand the  package without
this option,  everything completes  successfully.  What's the  reason to
use this option?

[1] <http://sourceforge.net/p/graphicsmagick/bugs/289/>
--
"Now feel the funk blast!"
Rage Against the Machine - "Calm like a bomb"