[Slackbuilds-users] libncurses / libtinfo

Mikko Varri vmj at linuxbox.fi
Mon Jan 5 21:32:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wonder if there's already a solution for this:

I'm making an update for ghc slackbuild, and the ghc bindist is built
against libtinfo.  AFAIK, that's just libncurses split in two, right?

If I add a softlink libtinfo to libncurses, ghc seems to work,
i.e. libncurses already has all the symbols of libtinfo.  But should I
pollute the build environment like that?  Also, the package
installation site would need the same softlink.

The other option seems to be to use patchelf to replace the linking
information.  But patchelf has not, yet, released a version that
supports that, so ghc slackbuild should depend on git version of
patchelf.

Before I spend more time on it, what's your take?

-vmj