[Slackbuilds-users] Postfix-2.11.3 test warning message

Mario Preksavec mario at slackware.hr
Thu Jan 8 21:04:48 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 06:24 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Upgraded to postfix-2.11.3 with the SBo script. Now when I restart the
> tool I see many instances of this message on the v.t.:
>
> /usr/libexec/postfix/post-install: line 504: test: too many arguments
>
>   Postfix runs, but since this warning has not appeared with previous
> versions I wonder if someone can look at it and see what needs to be
> fixed.
>
> Rich

What was the version that you upgraded from? None of my systems showed
this error on minor updates and major version upgrades.

Line 504 reads:

                 test -r $path -a "$type" != "d" && obsolete="$obsolete
$path"

Best guess where it's coming from is that unquoted $path variable.
Looking further up in the post-install file, this one gets parsed:
/usr/libexec/postfix/postfix-files
Although it's probably unlikely, check it for spaces and odd characters,
this should probably do:

grep '^$.* .*' /usr/libexec/postfix/postfix-files

Preferably, check if any of these have such characters (in main.cf and
such):

$command_directory
$config_directory
$daemon_directory