[Slackbuilds-users] wxPython-3.0.2.0 Available

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:57:55 UTC 2015

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2015, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>
>> is it compatible with all the stuff on SBo that needs wxPython?
>

> Matteo,
>
>   I don't know. I upgrade to the latest wxPython when I start a new project
> and it works for the applications I write. Heinz is the SBo package
> maintainer, and I let him know the new version's out.

sorry Rich, I didn't meant to be rude, but IMHO (don't mean to step on
Heinz toes) switching to wxPython-3.x for all the stuff we have in out
repository isn't gonna be that easy.
ATM, wxPython is needed by this stuff on our repository

academic/bibus
academic/extrema
academic/gspiceui
academic/treeview
academic/wxMaxima
academic/wxmacmolplt
audio/audacity
audio/miniAudicle
audio/sooperlooper
desktop/maitreya
desktop/obapps
development/Editra
development/PythonToolkit
development/codeblocks
development/kicad
development/mysql-workbench
development/rapidsvn
development/wxHexEditor
development/xmlcopyeditor
games/Pyfa
games/Scorched3D
games/doomsday
games/golly
games/megaglest
games/openmsx-catapult
games/openyahtzee
games/pcsx2
games/playonlinux
gis/grass
graphics/discwrapper
graphics/hugin
graphics/phatch
graphics/whyteboard
graphics/xpe
ham/ebook2cwgui
ham/tqsl
libraries/mathgl
libraries/wxsvg
multimedia/DivFix++
multimedia/mediainfo-gui
multimedia/mkvtoolnix
multimedia/tovid
multimedia/wxcam
network/Free-Cinema
network/aMule
network/emesene
network/filezilla
network/tribler
office/TaskCoach
office/etm
office/myrulib
office/nts
office/pyspread
office/trelby
office/wammu
python/winpdb
system/fs-uae-arcade
system/fs-uae-launcher
system/pgadmin3
system/truecrypt
system/xchm

most of it isn't compatible as is with the new version: for example,
audacity, that I maintain, needs an huge patch (and I still have to
test it)

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=749659#153

debian has a dedicated (and useful) page for the migration in their
wiki that should detail more the PITA

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/WxWidgets/Transition2.8to3.0

Matteo