[Slackbuilds-users] Pyparsing Update?

Barry Grundy bgrundy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 03:34:26 UTC 2015

I'd like to eventually submit a SlackBuild for the Plaso project (forensic
super-timeline).  One of the (many) deps for Plaso is pyparsing.

Plaso requires the current version - pyparsing v2.0.3.  The version on SBo
is 2.0.1.  I've contacted the maintainer a couple of times over the past
month (via email) offering to provide the updated build (a simple version
bump) or to take over maintenance.  I've not received any response as of
yet.

Given the time of year (holidays, etc.) I wanted to give a couple of weeks
before reaching out to the this list, but I'm at the point where I'm not
sure what to do.  I have and upcoming class, and having Plaso on SBo would
be most helpful.

The SlackBuild update is available here:
https://github.com/bgrundy/bgrundy_slackbuilds/tree/master/pyparsing

...and I would be happy to take over maintenance if the current maintainer
has fallen off the grid.

Packages that depend on pyparsing include:
audio/puddletag
network/spice
libraries/matplotlib

All build fine with the new version.