[Slackbuilds-users] RFC: "driver" category for kernel modules/drivers

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:37:20 UTC 2015

On 07/28/2015 11:37 PM, Klaatu wrote:
> Not that you asked but, personally I dislike categories. I think tags
> make more sense, especially as there are so many applications (at least
> in my world) that are cross-category.
>
> So I propose we remove categories entirely and go with tags.
>
> Failing that, I vote we add a 'driver' category because yeah, if we're
> doing categories then it does make sense to have a driver or module
> category.
>
> --klaatu

Tags are fine for automated tools, or searching, but Humans work better
scanning hierarchical lists.  The way the SBo website is designed, we
need categories. Clicking the "Repository" link allows Humans to
discover software even if they can't think of a name or tag.  For an
additional example, go to any good library.

-Ed