[Slackbuilds-users] FFmpeg update

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:34:40 UTC 2015

> On 03/06/15 19:07, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>>

>> to avoid confusion I have created a dedicated branch in out git,
>> user/ponce/ffmpeg-updates, with the audacity patch.
>

> As a matter of process, how can maintainers of the various SlackBuilds that
> will need ffmpeg-related changes have the changes applied to that git
> branch?
>
> I have fetched that branch, made changes to vlc and pushed it to my github
> repo. Can I just give its location in this thread and expect the changes
> there to be picked up? Or is some other method preferred?
>
> The location of my changes is:
>
> https://github.com/cwilling/slackbuilds/tree/user/ponce/ffmpeg-updates/multimedia/vlc
>
> There are two new patch files there as well as modifications to
> vlc.SlackBuild and doinst.sh.in.

I pushed these changes in a separate branch that we can merge
indipendently from the "usual" updates because it's related to the
ffmpeg update, that is also in a separate branch.

The best way to proceed, IMHO, is:

- if maintainers have writing rights on SBo's git, push their changes
in a "user/${maintainer_name}/ffmpeg-updates" branch, so we can merge
these branches when we decide to merge all of them (also if it doesn't
have much sense to delay it for much time and at this scope I'm in
favour of getting the needed patches from David/John);

- report the changes here and someone will pick them up in one of
these branch: as we have some standards for the commit (one commit,
message formatted accordingly, etc.) maybe they won't be exactly pull
request but I think it's ok too, see

http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/?h=user/ponce/ffmpeg-updates&id=660beb0c0e519ad55c8060f2051a28b6755e17ce

Matteo