[Slackbuilds-users] new i3 version and new dep - libxkbcommon >= 4.0

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:26:18 UTC 2015

On 3/4/15, Marcin Herda <mherda at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did my testing of a pre-release
> version a week before 4.9 was released and had concluded that there's no
> rush in upgrading it, is there?

No rush, 4.9 looks like a maintenance and bugfix release.

> I will look at your patch next week, though. I'm curious what you have
> done that:)

Partly I did it to teach myself how to use 'git diff' and rebase patches.
The whole libxkbcommon change was one git commit. I ended up
making a mess with automatic rebasing (operator error I'm sure) but
it wasn't too big a patch to manually rebase.