[Slackbuilds-users] gitorious acquired by gitlab

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 20:32:13 UTC 2015

On Thursday, March 12, 2015, Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I moved my stuff from gitorious to gitlab. It was a one-click
> process, very simple. Added my ssh key and with one git remote command
> all my local repositories push to it. As service moves go,
>
> I'm not saying anything either way about the service itself; I'm just
> saying that if you are apprehensive about how much work it may be, I can
> assure you that it was no work at all. It was all done on one lunch
> break, and I haven't really given it any amount of thought since.
>

> - klaatu

Level of difficulty is not an issue. Just wondering how long the gitlab
community edition will last. We all have to eat and pay rent/mortgage, but
it seems the rush to monetization is thinning out F/OSS lately.

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0