[Slackbuilds-users] Optional dependencies in info file

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 16:51:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

What do you think about putting optional (available from SBo)
dependencies in the info file?
I think that would allow for further automation.

What I have noticed is that, it's sometimes hard to go through the
README and spot all the optional deps, because everybody writes README
as she/he sees fit.

Also, I don't know how, but it could be possibly worth if all the
variables (like ENABLE_FOO=yes, DISABLE_BAR=no) could be gathered in one
well structured place.

This thoughts came to me when I wanted to build 'ffmpeg'. Well, not all
of those thoughts, because SlackBuild for 'ffmpeg' is actually well written.

But if some more rigid structure, possibly easily understood by
computers, was enforced, it could make users' life easier.

What do you think?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski