[Slackbuilds-users] Unable to build qt5 5.5.0

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:07:12 UTC 2015

> When I attempt to build qt5 5.5.0 from the SBo Slackbuild, the build
> fails at the make install stage with the error:
>
> can't read /media/BUILD/sbotmp//package-qt5/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/Qt5WebKit.pc: No
> such file or directory

The .pc file is (or should be) created in
qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0/qtwebkit/lib/pkgconfig at the same
time as the shared libraries in the containing directory.

AFAICT the command line that is reporting that error should be something like

sed -e 's,[^ '\'']*/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0/[^/][^/]*/lib,,g'
../lib/pkgconfig/Qt5WebKit.pc >
/tmp/SBo/package-qt5/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/Qt5WebKit.pc

This should be the line immediately before your error message. If
that's right, it's strange that in your case the sed command is
apparently reading from the package directory, not the source
directory. If it's wrong (i.e. not sed), it would be good to know what
it is.

Apparently you are exporting TMP=/media/BUILD/sbotmp/ with a trailing
slash.  I wonder if defining it without a trailing slash might solve
the problem, although with 4+ hours for a build, that's an expensive
experiment for a wild guess that probably won't make any difference...

-D.