[Slackbuilds-users] Pulseaudio

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 12 21:59:30 UTC 2015

On 13/10/15 01:01, Citizen X wrote:
> Noticed these 2 lines
> sed -i -e '/@PA_BINARY@/ imkdir -p \$HOME/.config/pulse'
> src/daemon/start-pulseaudio-x11.in <http://start-pulseaudio-x11.in>
> echo "X-MATE-Autostart-Phase=Initialization"
>  >>src/daemon/pulseaudio.desktop.in <http://pulseaudio.desktop.in>
>
> Shouldn't MATE be checked for and then if installed then do that?

That first line no longer does anything anything in pulseaudio-7.0 so
will be removed in a future update. Thanks for noticing it.

I'm relaxed about the X-MATE line being added to the .desktop file
though. Look how many X-GNOME references exist in the system .desktop
files, yet GNOME isn't part of normal Slackware distribution. They are
left there as a convenience for those who choose to install a Gnome
desktop. Similarly the X-MATE entry aims to be helpful to those who
choose to install MATE. It has zero effect on those who don't use MATE.

chris