[Slackbuilds-users] find in SlackBuilds: again

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 18:44:54 UTC 2016

On 24/04/16 19:02, David Spencer wrote:
>> Maybe it is a good time to change it? It does not sound too secure.
>> Somebody might place something bad in the source tarball. And it might be
>> just by accident, like in my case. And bad things can follow.
>
> You're focussing on a small theoretical problem.  I remember what
> actually happened with Bumblebee....

That's your judgment on the matter, let me have my opinion.
For me it wasn't theoretical problem.

> This is why we prefer not to package release candidates. This is why
> it's better to wait a short while after upstream releases a new
> version. This is why we have maintainers. This is why I test-build in
> a chroot.

I was packaging my own source code, which contains example symlinks and
it is not a beta.

Not everybody is building in chroot.

It looks like using "! -type l" proposed here:
https://slackbuilds.org/cgit/templates/commit/?h=14.1&id=2ca255d617118e

would be a better choice.

makepkg should recreate the links anyway if they are about to land in
the package.

OK, unless there is somebody to support my claim and solve the problem
in clean way, can I just use find without -L in the handful of build
scripts I maintain?

Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski