[Slackbuilds-users] Am trying to build a perl module, perl-gd, in order to bring shutter up-to-date

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:38:29 UTC 2016

On 8/21/16, unix_lists at f-m.fm <unix_lists at f-m.fm> wrote:
> Is someone willing to build a perl module  for me, perl-GD, and submit
> it to slackbuilds so that I can update shutter?

I'll take you up on that.

> If anyone is interested,  one thing I have found is that you probably
> want to disable Build test since it is ostensibly error prone.  See
> http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=GD;os=linux;reports=1

Yeah, the tests fail for me. I kinda want to find out why before I submit
this.

> Also, if someone does submit a slackbuild could you send me the tarball
> so I can continue working on updating shutter and its dependencies?

Here's what I've got so far:

http://urchlay.naptime.net/~urchlay/src/perl-GD.tar.gz

It builds, and "perl -MGD -e 1" runs successfully, meaning the module
is found and loaded by perl.

TAG is set to NonSBo in that build, so you won't forget it's not a real
SBo build (yet).