[Slackbuilds-users] My new submission was rejected by mx.partnerconsole.net

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Tue Aug 23 15:43:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 13:42:51 +1000
Duncan Roe <duncan_roe at acslink.net.au> wrote:

> Or the problem may be that the Slackbuilds email checker believes the
> MX records. These point to partnerconsole.net but email headers
> always show mail coming via netregistry.net. I have no idea how this
> works but it seems to, most of the time.
>
> I am raising a ticket with the domain owner,

That is the best course of action.

The submission form does what any MTA does, looks up the MX record for
the @domain part of the address, connects to that server and "asks" if
it's willing to accept messages for the address that was entered into
the submission form.

As an additional note, the address you enter on the submission form
isn't tied to anything. It doesn't have the be the one you've
subscribed to the -users list with, or match the one in the .info file.
It's not even stored anywhere. It's used once to send you an upload
confirmation email, and is included in the "new submission"
notification that admins get.

This is necessary because some people prefer to obfuscate their address
in the .info file, making sending that confirmation impossible. We also
have instances of people trying to bump or take over scripts that don't
belong to them. Without their address, we can't contact them to ask if
they have permission, etc.

--
Erik