[Slackbuilds-users] BUG: pdftk decrypt doesn't work

Eduardo Sanchez sombragris at sombragris.org
Tue Dec 20 15:00:44 UTC 2016

This was observed in Slackware64-current but it could well be the case
with Slackware-14.2.

Using the latest pdftk from SBo, an attempt to decrypt a PDF fails:

Command Line:

$ pdftk secured.pdf input_pw mypasswd output \
unsecured.pdf

Output:

Error: Unexpected Exception in open_reader()
Unhandled Java Exception in main():
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at gnu.gcj.runtime.NameFinder.lookup(libgcj.so.16)
   at java.lang.Throwable.getStackTrace(libgcj.so.16)
   at java.lang.Throwable.stackTraceString(libgcj.so.16)
   at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(libgcj.so.16)
   at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(libgcj.so.16)

Thankfully I was able to decrypt the PDF afterwards using Slackware's
stock qpdf, but I nevertheless wanted to report this in case you guys
could find a workaround.

Regards,

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sánchez Gauto, Abog., Th.M.
Abogado - Traductor Público Matriculado Inglés - Español