[Slackbuilds-users] libreoffice 5.1 review

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Fri Feb 12 11:06:39 UTC 2016

> Good news and ...
>
> I tried using the SlackBuild in libreoffice-review with the ch3.ppt test
> file and found no problem. I had it running several hours in the
> background while doing other things. Occasionally I would flip through a
> few pages and all was OK.
>
> I also opened a test file mentioned in the first of the bug reports
> above and it also worked without any problem.
>
> The only problem I found was when opening a file provided by someone
> else via the libreoffice-dev list. Interestingly, they claim that the
> official downloaded version (I'm equating that with the repackaged
> libreoffice-review version) loads and runs the test file fine but their
> own self-compiled version loads the file very slowly (>10 sec.). A file
> demonstrating the problem is provided at
> https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=121623 .
>
> I found that the version in libreoffice-review loads that file
> (bigfile.odt) in 2-3secs but crashes immediately loading is complete.
> This occurred 100% of the times I tried it. The new LibreOffice
> build-from-source SlackBuild, which I have a personal interest in,
> handles it OK - loads in 2-3secs and keeps running. Still, I'm not sure
> what what to make of the test file - whether its a valid test of
> anything - since it looks like gibberish when loaded.
>
> BTW Calligra Author opens bigfile.odt OK (under 3 secs).
>
> Not sure if that helps you decide anything but that is what I found.

Hi Chris

thanks for confirming, but i had this problem on my laptop and desktop
and workstation, so it's not just happening on one machine.

Also, Robby and i found this bug which is similar to my sympthoms
https://crux.nu/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=1286

just to make sure. Did you upgrade to the latest current with harfbuzz
1.1.3? It seems that's the culprit since Robby tried to downgrade to
1.1.2 and it worked nicely

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo