[Slackbuilds-users] Fixes for teamviewer.SlackBuild

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Mon Jan 11 08:25:26 UTC 2016

> I'm currently trying to build a package for Teamviewer. The
> teamviewer.SlackBuild script exits with errors in the post-install
> phase. I had a look at it, and here's what I found. Consider the
> following stanza from the script:
>
> # Let's flip-flop the actual locations vs. symlinks of a couple of things:
> # First remove the dangling symlink made by Debian packages:
> rm -rf $PKG/var/log/teamviewer $PKG/etc/teamviewer
> mkdir -p $PKG/var/log/teamviewer11 $PKG/etc/teamviewer
> rm -rf $PKG/opt/teamviewer/logfiles/ $PKG/opt/teamviewer/config/
> ln -s /etc/teamviewer $PKG/opt/teamviewer/config
>
> Notes:
>
> 1. The directory's name is /var/log/teamviewer11.
>
> 2. The script tries to create a directory that already exists.
>
> 3. rm -rf doesn't work on dangling symlinks. Use rm -f
>
> 4. /etc/teamviewer does not exist on the system, missing $PKG.
>
> Here's my corrected version of the stanza:
>
> # Let's flip-flop the actual locations vs. symlinks of a couple of things:
> # First remove the dangling symlink made by Debian packages:
> rm -rf $PKG/var/log/teamviewer11 $PKG/etc/teamviewer
> mkdir -p $PKG/var/log/teamviewer11 $PKG/etc/teamviewer
> rm -f $PKG/opt/teamviewer/logfiles $PKG/opt/teamviewer/config
> ln -s $PKG/etc/teamviewer $PKG/opt/teamviewer/config

Hi

Thanks for reviewing this package for me
It seems that i have to modify your changes to support backward
compatibility from those who are still running teamviewer 10 since they
use /var/log/teamviewer for previous version.

about the last line (ln -s), makepkg will detect the path and write it
into the doinst.sh properly.
If you use $PKG, then it will point to /tmp/SBo/xxx whichh is incorrect

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo