[Slackbuilds-users] Community Challenge! Help fix the last few SlackBuilds for 14.2

Aaron Cohen acohen36 at linuxquestions.net
Sat Jun 18 22:55:50 UTC 2016

What's the current status on having Slackbuilds available and working for
the impending Slackware 14.2 release and even for current pre-14.2 builds?

Read through the latest Current (pre-release) ChangeLog for x86 (32-bit) at
http://www.slackware.com/changelog/current.php?cpu=i386 and already downloaded
and installed one of the latest pre-14.2 builds from
http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/slackware/slackware-current-iso/

The SlackBuild Usage HOWTO at https://slackbuilds.org/howto/ still declares
"All of our scripts are written for usage on the latest stable release of Slackware"

And there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get to updated Slackbuild repositories
other than from
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/
https://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/14.1/
ftp://slackbuilds.org/

Last definitive post on this thread here was
https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2016-May/016195.html
dated over half-a-month ago as follows:

--

Are there any guarantees that Slackbuilds in the abovelisted 14.1 repos will
or even will NOT function properly using one of the latest pre-14.2 builds??

TY for any pointers here :-)
-A

---

When you must stand up for something important in the face of those who would readily cut you down, then you must continually remind yourself of the words of the great Mahatma Gandhi,

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."