[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 update in master

Diego Borghetti bdiego at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 10:39:24 UTC 2016

Well, after digging a little around it I found out that the problem is
not cmst. If you try to run connmanctl as normal user, you get
something similar (Error getting services: Rejected send message).
After some search, I found this:

https://forum.voidlinux.eu/t/connman-needs-root/231/6

The problem is in the connman-nmcompat.conf file. I don't have
NetworkManager on my machine so the 'deny' rule in that file is
causing the problem (not really sure if the bug is in dbus or
connman).
I changed the rule from 'deny' to 'allow' and not only connmandctl is
working again, also cmst (as normal user).

Later today I will send a patch to upgrade cmst to the new release,
but I'm not sure what to do about the dbus thing.
I can try to submit a bug in connman and see what they say but my
knowledge of dbus is not great.

Can anyone see anything else here ?

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Diego Borghetti <bdiego at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just try that here and also work (as root). I'm going to give a
> check to the policy files too, see if I can spot the problem.
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
> <willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
>>> I try to update cmst to a new version and so far, no luck to make it work again.
>>> The qt5 version is not the problem, that is fine. It's the dbus and
>>> connman interface and to be honest, I'm tire of fight with
>>> dbus/connman.
>>> I already remove the package from my system and I'm using my old
>>> method to handle the networking. I would say keep the package for 14.1
>>> if you want (which is working without problem) or remove it from
>>> slackbuilds.
>>
>> I tried to build latest 2016.04.03 and it worked here, but i need to use
>> root user instead of normal user when running it.
>>
>> maybe i need to start investigating the policy files
>>
>> --
>> Willy Sudiarto Raharjo

> --
> --