[Slackbuilds-users] fpm2 patches

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Sun Mar 13 16:10:59 UTC 2016

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:24:17 +0100
Andrzej Telszewski <atelszewski at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13/03/16 16:05, Erik Hanson wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 11:18:47 +0100
> > Andrzej Telszewski <atelszewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I know that as a general rule, we don't patch and keep upstream
> >> source intact, but maybe fpm2 could be patched with the two
> >> patches I kept hidden for myself for quite some time? They are
> >> written by me.
> >>
> >> fpm2 seems to be not developed since ~2012.
> >>

> > This is fine with me, if you want to take over maintenance. I
> > switched to keepassx some time ago. Send a patch for the SlackBuild
> > and info, and I'll toss it in git.
> >

> What I was worried about, was that, SBo would not accept the patches.
>
> If you ensure me that the patches are accepted, then:
> - I can take over fpm2 maintenance, no problem,
> - we don't have to hurry, I would update the SlackBuild some time in
> the future, when the submission is re-enabled
>
> That means you (@Erik) don't have to be involved any more.
> Well, either way, if you want to cease the maintenance of fpm2, I'll
> take it, as I'm active user of it.

We certainly allow these type of patches, and fpm2 wouldn't be the
first in the repo to include this sort of thing. I would personally
accept the patches blindly, since you wrote them. However, I don't have
interest in maintaining the fpm2 SlackBuild anymore, so I think it
would be better off in the hands of someone who clearly cares about it.

You can send patches now, so the maintainer change happens in master
(for 14.2) or wait for submissions to open, either is fine.

--
Erik