[Slackbuilds-users] xulrunner deprecation

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Fri May 13 15:22:46 UTC 2016

> as Andrzej reported xulrunner overwrites files from the mozilla-nss
> package in Slackware.
>
> also there's this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XULRunner#Deprecation
>
> it seems that the best option for the moment would be to remove this
> and the things that depends on it (evolus-pencil, gnash, vuze) from
> our repository for 14.2.
>
> please express any alternative proposal regarding xulrunner and what
> depends on it.

as of gnash, it's still developed upstream, but no official release
except for git snapshot.

i wonder if it's still worthed to be kept in our repo as it doesn't
really support newer flash formats and it has being phased out since
2013 in Chrome
(http://blog.chromium.org/2013/09/saying-goodbye-to-our-old-friend-npapi.html)
and by the end of 2016 by Mozilla
(https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2015/10/08/npapi-plugins-in-firefox/)