[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:05:27 UTC 2016

On 07/11/16 12:35, Andreas Guldstrand wrote:
> Another thread proposed allowing markdown-like sections in the READMEs
> and standardising on how to format the README for each slackbuild
> according to that, which would be fine IMO as it's still very readable
> in a text editor; the markdown section tagging is very easy to read.

I don't like anything else than pure text going into README, markdown is
no different.
Yet I would agree on that and my eyes would have to get used to it :-)

> But adding semantics for individual env options and optional
> dependencies in the README strikes me as a horrible idea. Not only
> would it be absolute hell for any machine to parse and be extremely
> prone to syntax errors from the author (it's a README! SYNTAX
> ERRORS????), but it would also look like utter s**te in a text editor.

The syntax I proposed, was just proposal.
Maybe someone can come up with something much better and cleaner.
And the syntax would be checked at submission time.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski