[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

Andreas Guldstrand andreas.guldstrand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:35:10 UTC 2016

Another thread proposed allowing markdown-like sections in the READMEs
and standardising on how to format the README for each slackbuild
according to that, which would be fine IMO as it's still very readable
in a text editor; the markdown section tagging is very easy to read.

But adding semantics for individual env options and optional
dependencies in the README strikes me as a horrible idea. Not only
would it be absolute hell for any machine to parse and be extremely
prone to syntax errors from the author (it's a README! SYNTAX
ERRORS????), but it would also look like utter s**te in a text editor.