[Slackbuilds-users] msgpack-python, missing python3 optional dep

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Sat Nov 12 08:12:52 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-12 00:10, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> On 11/11/16 09:35, Franzen wrote:
>> The question is:
>> Should optional deps be mentioned in README, also if they
>> are autodetected?
>> I feel: yes
>
> Of course they should.
> I read READMEs, but please don't make me read SlackBuilds to find out
> optional packages.
>
> When I posted this message, I thought the action was obvious: update
> the README and that's it.

Pretty obvious also for me, i don't understand what Willy wanted to say.
To me it sounds like "it is correct this way", but at least it is still
unclear.

It would be helpful to hear from some SBo-admin something like:
  "Optional dependencies are beyond any policy on SBo, maintainers decide
what to do with their packages."

or

  "The README of msgpack-python should be updated, we'll put
info on the FAQ, to make clear that involved optional deps are to be
mentioned in READMEs"

or

  "We'll discuss this internally, wait a bit".

Johannes