[Slackbuilds-users] poedit 2.0 in review

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Apr 7 19:25:28 UTC 2017

Le 06/04/2017 à 04:59, Daniel Prosser a écrit :
> Agreed. I'm not sure why the developer felt like he needed to be so rude
> and condescending. He could have saved himself a lot of typing by just
> politely explaining why 1.60 is needed and how to check in the git log.
> Maybe it was just one of those days.
>
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 06:34:13AM -0400, B Watson wrote:
>> On 4/5/17, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> well, the developer said that boost 1.60 is required for executors to
>>> work, so my "hack" is not recommended by upstream, so that means poedit
>>> will have to stick to 1.8.x until next Slackware release.
>>>
>>> here's the official answer by upstream:
>>> https://github.com/vslavik/poedit/issues/375
>>
>> I see one line of actual helpful information there (from the git log),
>> and a whole lot of unnecessarily rude invective.
>>
>> And yes, for the record, I have run into stuff where a dependency's
>> minimum version was set to whatever the author happened to have installed,
>> without him checking if it worked on earlier versions. So your question
>> was a valid one...

Well, this reminds me the issue #218 I opened and the response I got:
https://github.com/vslavik/poedit/issues/218
This being said, if a kind soul has the needed skills to provide
a patch this will be much appreciated ;)

Incidentally, Slint translators (and, I assule, Salix and Slackel
translators) use poedit, that is shipped in Slint. I do not feel an
urgent need to upgrade, especially if that brings more dependencies,
Just my 2 ¢.

Didier