[Slackbuilds-users] Exported ARCH causing libraries/hiredis build failure

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 7 17:57:32 UTC 2017

> A user reported a build failure that was likely caused by having ARCH=x86_64
> exported in the environment.  This may be due to sbopkg, which I don't use
> at this time.  I just submitted a fix that adds ARCH="" to the make line,
> which seems to fix the problem.

Heh!  slackrepo has hints to cope with this problem in multiple
SlackBuilds, but your fix is much better than my fix :D

There are also 9 more SlackBuilds that don't like exported BUILD and
one that doesn't like exported TAG

I *would* have asked about this years ago, but (1) afaik nobody else
has found this problem until now, and (2) I hadn't thought of your fix
;-)

Do people think it's worth fixing this in the whole repo?

Thanks Kent
-D.