[Slackbuilds-users] [Workaround] Bibletime 2.11 segfaults with Qt 5-9

Eduardo Sanchez sombragris at sombragris.org
Wed Aug 16 13:20:36 UTC 2017

I use Slackware-current and additionally, I use Alienbob's Plasma 5
packages. Therefore, the qt5 version I use is 5.9.0.

Under that particular Qt version, bibletime segfaults immediately upon
startup.

I reported the bug upstream. Upstream answered that this is due to a
particular Qt5 bug which is yet to be patched. However, in the meantime
they checked a workaround for that bug in both master and stable-2.11
branch.

I checked out the stable-2.11 branch. It compiled and ran OK.

So, I would suggest to replace the bibletime-2.11 source with a github
check of the stable-2.11 branch until the bibletime folks make another
release.

I know this happens only in -current (I know, unsupported...) and
with Qt 5.9 (even less supported) but this could be useful.

Best regards

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sánchez Gauto, Abog., Th.M.
Abogado - Traductor Público Matriculado Inglés - Español