[Slackbuilds-users] Advice needed: no libpng14.la

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 21 18:15:27 UTC 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017, Didier Spaier wrote:

> Today that would mean that version 2.16.6 should be used instead
> of 2.4.11 (the default in SBo).

Didier,

   It was when I tried to invoke the installed gnucash-2.6.16 that I learned
it depends on an earlier library version that was replaced during the
distribution upgrade. Since the library version is hard-coded I have no
choice but to migrate to 2.6.17.

> I am sorry to just bring an issue without a good solution to propose, as
> obviously not all SBo users will be happy to recompile their software that
> depend on wekitgtk2 8 times a year or so.

   I'll read the documents you provided. I'm not sure that vulnerabilities in
wekitgtk2 would affect gnucash since I use it only when needed; it's not
open constantly. But, I'll read about it.

   In the meantime I still need to resolve the static vs shared library
issue.

Many thanks,

Rich