[Slackbuilds-users] Can I submit a slackbuild that requires multilib?

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 28 13:31:44 UTC 2017

>> With the lack of activity on this, can I assume that we're OK with this?  If
>> so, I'll go ahead and submit it.
>
> Hi, there are plenty of precedents so please go ahead.
> Its size is more controversial than its multilib requirement :(

Hmm, can I change my mind on that?

I'm wrong, and as you initially said Eric, this would be the only
thing on SBo that absolutely requires x86_64 + multilib. Everything
else will work on either normal i?86, or normal x86_64. The other
admins are nervous about this -- and testing it would be difficult for
us.  So I don't think we can accept unity-editor, sorry :(

However, thanks for asking, for me it raises another question. Can /
should we help to find a way of making interesting SlackBuilds outside
of SBo more discoverable?

Thanks
-D.