[Slackbuilds-users] jbig2dec md5sum error
yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 03:38:09 UTC 2017
On 12/30/17, Eduardo Sanchez <sombragris at sombragris.org> wrote:
> This is not correct. It's not the same issue.
> sbopkg (and the SBo website) list the expected MD5sum as:
> However, the very own MD5SUMS file from Artifex's Github state the
> MD5SUM for the package as:
> a0c4c4d9cf5625ab1971703ffde47374 jbig2dec-0.14.tar.gz
> Therefore it's not a matter of editing wgetrc but of adjusting the
> MD5SUM at the SBo database.
Well, it actually is the same issue, but from the other end, so to speak.
The md5sum on SBo is incorrect because it's the md5sum of the file after
wget "helpfully" decompressed it. When I updated the build, I didn't have
"compression = none" in wgetrc, and didn't notice that the file I was
working with was an uncompressed tarball.
It's now fixed in my git branch.
...also note that if you had wget-1.19.2 and didn't have 'compression
= none' in wgetrc, the md5sum would have appeared to be correct. This
is why it's so annoying to me to have this problem: I only get to put
one md5sum in my .info file (in this case, I put the *wrong* one), but
depending on the user's version of wget, that md5sum will appear wrong
to someone, no matter which I choose.
More information about the SlackBuilds-users