[Slackbuilds-users] Update request Docker

Vincent Batts vbatts at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 17:38:31 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 3:06 PM David Spencer <
baildon.research at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > I wonder if you mean MPLAB.
>
>     bubblewrap 0.1.7
>     ===================
>
>     man pages (xsltproc):                         yes
>     SELinux:                                      no
>     setuid mode on make install:                  none
>     mysteriously satisfying to pop:               yes
>
> lol
> (and almost on-topic for an email thread about docker)
> -D.

Yeah. Soon I'll submit the build for flatpak. It uses ostree and bubblebrap
to provide containerized desktop applications (http://flatpak.org/).

But I do like bubblewrap (`bwrap`) a lot by itself. It makes for a more
complete alternative to `fakeroot` and something that, as application
developers start to consider, will allow running very interesting
applications that need "root" or similar uid to run as a limited user
(think a LAMP stack with each piece thinking it is httpd and mysql user).

Using tools like skopeo (https://github.com/projectatomic/skopeo) you can
copy a container image from an existing docker image, and then something
like bwrap-oci (https://github.com/projectatomic/bwrap-oci) to run that
image in bwrap as a non-root user.

vb