[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 fails to build

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:11:18 UTC 2017

On 26/01/17 01:34, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> It built correctly with 1 core.
> Could the problem be that previously I used 3 cores, an odd number?
> Also, I'm building in QEMU.
>
> I wonder what was wrong, as I can't recall this type of error.
> Or maybe it's a bug in build system, something like the race condition
> you mentioned?

OK, I don't know if we want to dig this further.
Maybe it had something to do with badly updated Python:

I was having problems building borgbackup, which depends on, most
probably, Python2 for building the docs (I'm using slackrepo):
- building in verbose mode caused the build to fail,
- building in quiet mode succeeded,
- revert python2 from 2.7.13 to 2.7.11 and the build succeeds in both modes,
- upgrade again to 2.7.13 and the build succeeds in both modes.

I'm aware of the 2.7.13-1 problem that 2.7.13-2 corrected, but damn, I'm
sure I had the correct version.

Let me bother you again when having problems building qt5 ;-)

Cheers.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski