[Slackbuilds-users] transmission

Ananda Murthy R S rsamurti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 06:52:44 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have updated to the latest Current. I had similar problem while compiling
GNU Octave. But after moving .la files as suggested, it worked.

I am still not very clear about the purpose of .la files. Can anybody point
me to some links?

But after this, my system is working properly without any problem.

Thanks for your help.

With regards,

Anand

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Matteo Bernardini <
matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > Create /usr/lib64/la-files-backup directory.
> >
> > Move all *.la files from /usr/lib64 to the directory created above.
> >
> > After this, recompile. It should work.
> >
> > Anand
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Alan Ianson <alanians at telus.net> wrote:

> try

> or

> today.
> >>
> >> I did update this morning and I do have /usr/lib64/libidn2.so.0.3.1 but
> >> there is no /usr/lib64/libidn2.la. Maybe there needs to be one, I'm not
> >> sure.
>
> please ignore Ananda's advice (sorry Ananda) or you will likely break
> your system.
>
> install instead the libidn2 package that has been added in current:
> you have the *.so file because it's included in the upgrade of
> aaa_elflibs but you are missing the rest of the stuff (including the
> *.la file).
>
> if you are tracking current you have to do (mandatory at each
> upgrade), assuming you are using slackpkg to update:
>
> - read carefully the ChangeLog.txt file (this also if you are on stable);
>
> - execute
>   slackpkg update
>   slackpkg install-new
>   slackpkg upgrade-all
>
> - remove the packages tagged as "Removed" in the ChangeLog.txt
>
> Matteo
>
> P.S. Note that current is not supported by SBo so any questions
> related to it are more appropriately answered on LQ.

Close Windows ! Open source !!
Free software from proprietary mafia !!!