[Slackbuilds-users] Installing Python packages

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Fri Jul 14 19:00:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-07-14 at 11:17:31 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017, Larry Hajali wrote:
> > I don't know about all of the packages above but I think virtualenv comes
> > with python3.
>
>   Not here. I just upgraded python3 from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1. There's no
> virtualenv in /usr/lib/python3/site-packages/.

virtualenv is included in Python 3 Standard Library as venv[*] module.
The name of executable is pyvenv, but it was deprecated recently,
although it's still there and usable:

  The pyvenv script has been deprecated as of Python 3.6 in favor of
  using python3 -m venv to help prevent any potential confusion as to
  which Python interpreter a virtual environment will be based on.

Regarding other packages you have listed, you'll need to rebuild them
using python3, I don't see any other way around it.

[*] https://docs.python.org/3/library/venv.html

--
Audrius Kažukauskas