[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170722.1

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 14:43:37 UTC 2017

On 7/22/17, Kent Fritz <fritz.kent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding this claim on
> https://repology.org/repository/slackbuilds/problems
> :
>
> Homepage link "https://www.thc.org/thc-hydra/" is dead (cannot connect) for
> more than a month.

I've got a similar issue with repology constantly reporting
http://perso.b2b2c.ca is down, even though it's never had an issue for
me. The repology stuff is hosted in Russia, and (apparently) has some
connectivity issues with certain other countries, or something like that.

I think it'd be nice if there were several link-checkers for repology,
spread across the world, and a link is only considered 'dead' if none of
them can reach it. We have plenty of folks on this mailing list who could
host a simple link-checking bot... or, repology could scrape a site like
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ (which seems to be pretty reliable).

> I just don't see it -- it works fine for me.  I have, in the past, seen
> certificate errors, and some overreaching ISP and corporate firewalls
> blocking this site (incorrectly, I believe) as malicious.

Corporate firewalls probably block thc.org because the name THC looks
like it's drug-related, to someone who only looks at the domain name
and not the content (which is the 'net equivalent of judging a book by
its cover, I guess).