[Slackbuilds-users] gcc 4.9.4 and PaleMoon.SlackBuild

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 17:42:22 UTC 2017

On 03/05/17 04:18, Vasily Sora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know some people still have issues with compiling PaleMoon with the
> SlackBuild on SBo that builds Pale Moon from source; technically
> according to the Pale Moon wiki and devs gcc 4.7 to 4.9 series is
> required to build a stable Pale Moon. I was wondering if its reasonable
> to build a temporary gcc 4.9.4, in much the same way as autoconf is
> being built and used temporarily, or at least give the user the option
> to, and use that to build pale moon. I am testing this out right now
> and seeing if I can resolve any issues for people who still complain
> they have issues.

I would just like to confirm the issue, when not using the recommended
compiler.

I tried building with clang 4.0.1 and it failed to build.

I tried with -14.2 gcc 5.3.0 and, if I recall correctly, it built but,
was crashing very often.

I tried with gcclegacy494 and it compiled fine and works very well
during the last couple of days.

BTW, I built version 27.4.0.

--
Best regards,