[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170729.1

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 29 16:46:55 UTC 2017

> Is there a way to catch such failure? I always build reduce-algebra on 8
> cores without problems.

I don't know a good way to make them crash, sometimes it is hardware
dependent. I have a P4 (one core of course) with hyperthreading that
is very good at crashing with -j3, but I don't use it much :)

If you have a crash, one way of checking is to look at other distros
to see if they have added '-j1'.  repology can help with this.  For
example,
  https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=reduce-algebra-svn
has -j1 already, so Matteo is not a freak :p

Patrick has a completely different solution:
  make $NUMJOBS || make || exit 1
but because SBo users don't all have big multicore systems, we don't
allow that in SBo scripts ;-)

Cheers
-D.