[Slackbuilds-users] Tracking version releases

David Melik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 10:32:16 UTC 2017

On 06/20/2017 02:51 AM, Christoph Willing wrote:
> On 20/06/17 17:57, David Melik wrote:
>
>>>       https://github.com/cwilling/pvc [...]
>> Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir
>> '/home/d/.local/share/pvc'
>
> That's a bit embarrassing - sorry about that. I'm just about to upload a
> proper fix but in the meantime you could just create that directory
> yourself and the rest will just work.

I made the folder, and pvc couldn't find a configuration, so I tried to
add a project (pvc,) hoping that would do it. Instead it said what's
below this paragraph. I'm not sure NodeJS is working on my PC, though I
did removepkg to the old 'Node,' maybe last year, and now just did
'upgradepkg --reinstall' current NodeJS on SBo. I don't use other NodeJS
software (except one thing on server) and don't really know how...

d at cosmos:~$ pvc add --project pvc --type github --urlbase cwilling/pvc
Had ENOENT: empty configuration
fs.js:304
   binding.open(pathModule._makeLong(path),
           ^

TypeError: path must be a string or Buffer
     at TypeError (native)
     at Object.fs.readFile (fs.js:304:11)
     at loadWatchList (/usr/share/pvc/pvc:141:6)
     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/share/pvc/pvc:85:3)
     at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:188:7)
     at ReadFileContext.callback (/usr/share/pvc/pvc:174:20)
     at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterOpen [as oncomplete] (fs.js:366:13)

> I see that one of your SBo SlackBuilds is python-jango-legacy which is
> being held at 1.8.17. When you add that project to your watchlist with
> something like:
>      pvc add -p python-jango-legacy -t github -u django/django
>
> it will find that the latest version is actually 1.11.2 and use that
> value in the watch file entry it creates. You can "manually" change the
> version recorded in your watchfile with:
>      pvc update -p python-jango-legacy -v 1.8.17
>
> The problem is that every time you do a 'pvc check' or 'pvc check
> python-jango-legacy', it will report that your 1.8.17 version is out of
> date. I'll have to think about how to deal with that sort of thing.

I probably won't check python-django-legacy updates, as it's
python-django renamed with old version, and I don't need to update until
Mathics does, when it (if current enough) will use python-django, so
I'll end or pass on python-django-legacy. As time of this post, Mathics
hasn't had update mentioned in their 'Slack' (slack.com) room (their
main quick communication place)... an unfortunately-named new web-chat,
as in computing, 'Slack' was an informal 'Slackware' abbreviation...