[Slackbuilds-users] Library versions need to be upgraded

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Sat Sep 2 02:48:52 UTC 2017

On 09/01/2017 08:52 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, Robby Workman wrote:
>
>> I'd almost bet dollars to donuts that gnucash is trying to link to a
>> library that is linked to that libsomething.so.56, but since the
>> libsomething.so.56 is not present any more, the link is failing.
>
> Robby,
>
>   It's the opposite. Gnucash wants libicuil18n.so.51 (which was used in the
> prior gnucash) while libicuil18n.so.56 is in the current webkitgtk package.

This sounds like you're trying to run an already built gnucash binary
and getting an error. You're not going to fix this by only rebuilding
some related deps.

>> Given that the libsomething.so.56 or whatever it was is newer than
>> what is in the SBo repo, it's probably an artifact from when you
>> were trying newer versions of stuff,
>
>   It's not in the SBo repo under webkitgtk, but is there in webkit2gtk.
> That's what I learned from Didier this afternoon. The only 'newer' version
> I need to get running is gnucash-2.6.17 because the 14.2 upgrade did not
> load 2.6.16 (library version difference).
>
>   If there is something subtle here that needs cleaning, as there seems to
> be, I want to find it and clean it out. There are no duplicates in of /usr
> in /usr/local so it must be elsewhere.

Remove gnucash and ALL related dependencies, along with anything else
you've installed to try and solve this, and start over. Use what's in
the SBo repo, /exactly/ as listed (no webkit2gtk instead of webkitgtk,
etc., don't version bump anything) and you have a shot at getting a
working gnucash package.

--
Erik