[Slackbuilds-users] Web site question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 29 19:18:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017, Alexander Grotewohl wrote:

> Just a quick look in Firefox listed variants of Liberation sans, DejaVu
> Sans and Nimbus Sans This isn't a good answer though, because those fonts
> were subbed in (on my machine at least!) for what we find in the CSS:

Alexander,

   I agree that font substitution is very common. I must have missed the
fonts on the page I viewed and most web sites don't let outsiders look at
their css files so I didn't try to find one.

> Fonts don't really take up a lot of space. I'd say unless there are fonts
> you added yourself that you no longer use, I wouldn't mess with them to
> avoid problems like this :)

   Yes, I added many over the years (fontmatrix counts 813 on the system). I
suspect many are duplicates.

   I think I can safely remove the non-Roman alphabets because I cannot read
them, but I'll leave the various serif and sanserif fonts because, as you
write, they don't take a lot of room.

Thanks for your useful response,

Rich