[Slackbuilds-users] multipath-tools for Current64

Nikos Giotis nikos.giotis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:57:39 UTC 2018

On 04/24/2018 07:06 PM, D.L.C. Burggraaff wrote:
> Dear Nikos,
> Current64: multipath-tools have to be built via Ponce's SBO repository.
> I noticed that the version there is the 4 years old 5.0, whereas the latest version on https://git.opensvc.com/?p=multipath-tools/.git;a=tags is the 6 weeks old 7.6.
> Is there a reason other than lack of interest for this old version?

The reasons are mainly two.

The first and most important is that the script was tested for two years
before posting it on SlackBuilds and it is being used in production for
critical server infrastructure (mainly databases) that I maintain.

I already have a newer script that I started to deploy in production some
months ago and it seems stable enough. There is some patching involved
for the newer versions and I want to be completely sure that it does
not break anything (ie. loosing data) before posting it.

The other reason is that the upstream project has stopped making release
tarballs. They only provide the code these days via git on this url
https://git.opensvc.com/multipath-tools/.git/

Is there a way to get a versioned tar.gz link from this git repository?
The only way I found so far is with ugly hashes in the filenames and
even uglier renames in the script.

Nikos