[Slackbuilds-users] long-time build errors (open-adventure, notepadqq, sbocheck of adobe-reader & VariCAD)

David Melik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 04:15:46 UTC 2018

Matteo Bernardini wrote:
 >small correction: libwebp is an optional dependency also of qt5, so
 >rebuilding that too might help [...]

Makes sense now.  Recently I hneed libwebp 0.5.1 for kingbeowulf's not-
yet-submitted BOINC SlackBuild so might wait until it updates, or might
test rebuilding notepadqq and reinstall.

I'd like to see notepadqq replace KATE, which has inadequate/broken tab
bars.

B Watson wrote:
 >[...] Another thought: what do you get from running this command?
 >ls -l `which a2x`
 >
 >You should get:
 >
 >$ ls -l `which a2x`
 >lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Jul 19  2016 /usr/bin/a2x -> a2x.py*
 >
 >...Possibly the time/date might be different.
 >
 >If you get anything else, especially a mention of /usr/local/, then
 >you're not using the official Slackware version of a2x...

Except for year, it was the same.  The year looked too old (2007) so I
reinstalled that package then successfully built open-adventure.  I
have no idea what SlackBuild would've installed an old version.

My replies didn't show up on Gmane earlier.  I guess it's still read-
only?