[Slackbuilds-users] signal-desktop

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 06:22:20 UTC 2018

On 8/20/18, David O'Shaughnessy <lists at osh.id.au> wrote:

> I noticed this problem and have been uploading archives to the
> sbodirectlinks site (also for riot-web), but they didn't seem to be
> propagating down to sbosrcarch for some reason.

The URL sbosrcarch was trying (and failed) to download:

https://updates.signal.org/desktop/apt/pool/main/s/signal-desktop/signal-desktop_1.15.4_amd64.deb

...straight from the .info file:

DOWNLOAD_x86_64="https://updates.signal.org/desktop/apt/pool/main/s/signal-desktop/signal-desktop_1.15.4_amd64.deb"

No mention of sbodirectlinks in that URL... same thing for riot-web,
you've got the original download site (riot.im) listed in the .info file.
If you want sbodirectlinks to be your download URL, you have to change
the .info file to point to it, e.g.

DOWNLOAD_x86_64="http://sourceforge.net/projects/slackbuildsdirectlinks/files/signal-desktop/signal-desktop_1.15.5_amd64.deb"

> I can see that signal-desktop_1.15.4_amd64.deb is on sbosrcarch now, but
> I'm not sure if that was manual or it propagated from my upload to
> sbodirectlinks.

I added it manually, by downloading it from the gentoo distfiles server.

> Do I need to do anything else after uploading an archive
> to the sbodirectlinks site?

Yes. Actually change the download link in the .info file to point to
the sbodirectlinks URL. Not much point uploading it there, otherwise...