[Slackbuilds-users] Lilypond compile failure

Klaatu klaatu at member.fsf.org
Thu Feb 22 23:41:27 UTC 2018

Is anyone else having trouble building lilypond?

I get failure during ./configure, hinting that i need a more robust Tex
stack.

checking for epsf.tex... ./configure: line 13764: kpsewhich: command not
found
not found
checking for Cyrillic characters support in TeX... ./configure: line
13777: kpsewhich: command not found
not found

I am *not* attempting to build its docs, which the SlackBuild's README
specifically says cannot be done without installing texi2html.

The project docs mention some dependencies that don't appear in the
SlackBuild .info file, so that might be part of the problem, but the
error I'm getting doesn't really seem to correlate to Metafont or
Metapost (two things listed in the project docs but not the SlackBuild
docs).

Anybody try this lately?